1 light multi-grain whole wheat English muffin
2 slices Canadian bacon or 2 slices lean ham (if you’re being really good you can substitute 1/2 cup spinach leaves or asparagus)
1/4 cup lemon low fat yogurt
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1 pinch salt
1 pinch cayenne pepper fresh parsley (to garnish)
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1/2 g non-fat butter-flavoured cooking spray
1) In a pan, over medium heat, lightly brown Canadian bacon or ham in cooking spray (about three minutes each side); remove from skillet and keep warm.
2) Meanwhile, combine lemon yogurt, dry mustard, salt and cayenne in a small saucepan and whisk gently on low heat until warm and smooth (alternatively you can microwave them in a small dish.).
3) Fill a large pan with 2 inches of water and 1 tablespoon vinegar. Bring water to a boil and reduce heat to a low temperature where the water is still consistently boiling but very low; crack one egg into a small dish and gently pour it into the pan, doing the same for each additional egg, one by one. Simmer for 3-5 minutes until desired doneness, spooning hot water over the yolk until slightly opaque.
4) In the meantime, toast the English muffin (if a family member is not watching his or her weight you may want to butter his or her muffin); place a toasted muffin half on each plate with a piece of ham on top.
5) When the timer rings, carefully remove eggs from the water with a slotted spoon, letting the excess water drain away; place on top of ham; drizzle sauce over the top; garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Serving Size: 1 (155 g) Servings Per Recipe: 2
Nutrition DetailsPer Serving