Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant, meaning that it can protect us from the cell-damaging effects of free radicals. Vitamin C is also vital for collagen synthesis, it helps shield us from conditions relating to collagen deficiency such as dry hair, rough skin, easy bruising, aching joints, and bleeding gums. It is also responsible for cleaning the arteries and improves the flow of blood to our heart.
- Weakened immune system.
- Bleeding gums, loose teeth, or gingivitis.
- Rapid mood changes, short tempers, and irritability can be an early sign of scurvy.
- Bleeding and bruising easily.
- Chronic limb or joint pain.
- Anaemia is another sign of possible vitamin C deficiency.
- Slower tissue, bone and cartilage repair.
Foods rich in vitamin C include oranges, lemons, hot chilli peppers, parsley, thyme and dark leafy greens like kale, spinach and garden cress.
Making Vitamin C at home is super easy and won’t cost you anything.
- Take organic orange peels and cut them into strips
- Allow the peels to dry at room temperature for a couple of days until crisp
- Once dried, grind the orange strips in any grinder ( I use a coffee grinder)
- Take one teaspoon daily ( I add it into my daily shakes / smoothies)
- Be sure to store in an airtight container.
One teaspoon of powdered orange peel will provide you with more Vitamin C than your body needs.
Need help with your nutrition? Contact Us Today